Electric tilt problem

Gary Busey

Has anyone had a problem with electric tilt not working sometimes?

Very rarely mine will not move down. The switch sounds like it is activating a relay as it clicks, but no movement after that. Up always works.

It seems to come good in a few tries, but just worried I could be stuck somewhere with my motor up.

Yamaha 50 4stroke. 2003 I think.

Cheers.

Murray.

first of all try an aouto electrician ;) might only cost 20 bucks yet ya duno.

aouto electricians can clean them with a charge put through the system,not sure how they do it or wat its all about but if ya ring tivoli marine and ask em about it they tell ya all ya wana know the auto electrician that does it is next door to tivoli marine

FIXED.

Called up Yatala Outboard Wrecking to get a price on a 2nd hand relay, which wasn't much cheaper. They said they fail pretty regularly and told me to come in and they'd give me a similar relay from a V6 which would be more reliable and nearly half the price.

Still cost $165, but at least I wont have that issue in the back of my mind when I'm a long way from land.

should be a flatheaded screw somewhere around the trim pistons / outboard leg , that will release it down manualy if you loosen it of a bit if it ever gets stuck ;)

Thanks for this advice too. I've seen the screw you're talking about and I'm glad I know how to use it in an emergency now.

Archived