Straddy Stuff!

MoparKevUk

Long time, no report!

So we're on Straddy, and we've got a personal jetty at Amity.

post-4325-144598769505_thumb.jpg

We have a great time pulling in endless Moses and Squire, the big ones eluding us.

post-4325-1445987695_thumb.jpg

There is another Fisho staying and he goes by the AFO name of Rocky (Chris), if I remember correctly, the JD's were flowing!

Rocky informs us that he follows the Almancac Guide and tells us that it will all kick off at 1236 Sunday morning. He calls it a day at 1146 Saturday night! So there's me, me mate Ash, and me son George left on the jetty all peaceful. "Hey boys! 1236 is getting close!" "Count it down, Kev!" "10, 9, 8, 7, 6..." "Buuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!" Off goes my big rod (fresh cheapo 10-30kg from BCF and my faithful cheap baitrunner from Ebay) 20lb firewire, 40lb leader, triple gang, mullet fillet.

Everyones spooked and I pick it up and whack the drag on, it all goes quiet, "Damn, lost it!" Wind it back in, "Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!" off it goes again! Reel it back in, a few tugs and whacks, BOOM, it breaks. Any ideas what I nearly caught? There are resident Dolphins, but I'd assume they were more intelligent to pick my bait, and would have snapped me clean.....

post-4325-144598769492_thumb.jpg

Archived