Ramp Reports

Old Scaley

Heading down to the port tomorrow for a quick session. Anyone launch there today? If so, how busy was it? Was the grassy knoll open for business? What about Manly? Or Comslie? I will let you know tomorrow what it was like wherever I launch tomorrow, but it might be good advice for others heading out tomorrow.

Port was busy today. We left at 1. The morning crowd came back so got parking. Grass area was open too. When we got back alot of boats went out again. Mud looked like a car park on way back. Boats everywere.

Tomorrow mornings going to be busy i reckon. Weather is good.

Forgot to post on Saturday. Port ramp was ok at 8am when I got there. I think I got oneof the last spots on the grass, but everyone was well behaved and no ramp rage to report. Today was a bit different. Again, got there at gentlemanly hour of 8am only to be stopped before the rail crossing by a port official - ramp not available because no trailer parks left. Went to Colmslie instead. Pretty quiet there, but not as quiet as the fishing. Will post a quick Easater report soon.

The only drawback to Colmslie today was trying to back down between the sightseers who park at the top of the ramp to take in the view and seem oblivious to that fact that someone might want to use the ramp to launch or retrieve a boat. Lucky I am not a violent man. :lol::lol:

I turned up at Deep Water Bend on Saturday to a line up of about 5 boats waiting to head down the ramp. I usually fish week days so said bugger this and went down the road to Dohles Rocks. Less than 10 trailers parked and noone on the ramp, plus it's closer to my fishing spot!

Archived