Wyaralong Dam Carp Eradication Comp 01/03/2014

rayke1938

The Logan and Albert Fish Management Assn will be conducting their annual carp eradication competition on 1/4/2014 at wyaralong dam between 7am and 2 pm.

Lucky door prizes adult.kids and fly sections.

Fish from the bank,yak or leccy only powered craft.( Definitely no petrol power)

Registration either Friday afrternoon or the morning of the comp.

There are a limited number of free camping sites available.

I have copies of the flyer,entry and indemnity forms but they are pdf files attached to an email and havent got a clue how to upload if anyone could assist I would really appreciate the help.

Entry is $20 for adults and $5 for kids.

All monies raised goes towards stocking Wyaralong Dam.

As a side note in January we will be releasing the first Mary River Cod into the dam as well as another lot of bass fingerlings.

Last year we had a good rollup of AFO members and hopefully there will be more this year.

Cheers

Ray

I have just bumped the following thread to give people a general idea of the comp.
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/queensland-freshwater/437217-team-afo-hit-wyaralong-carp-comp?limitstart=0&start=15

This is the main fundraising source of the LAFMA since the withdrawal of government funding otherwise they rely on some small donations and sausage sizzles.

Cheers

Ray

As a side note in January we will be releasing the first Mary River Cod into the dam as well as another lot of bass fingerlings.
Now that is exciting news, does this mean stocking will be back on the agenda for the MRC in other locations as well?

I'll definitely try and make it to this event, carp still haven't been knocked off my list so I may as well try to knock it off with a bucketload of them :cheer:

Now that is exciting news, does this mean stocking will be back on the agenda for the MRC in other locations as well?

I'll definitely try and make it to this event, carp still haven't been knocked off my list so I may as well try to knock it off with a bucketload of them :cheer:

Has to be on lure to get the points :whistle:

Has to be on lure to get the points :whistle:

Challenge accepted!!

Mary's back on the agenda for stocking in impoundments and outside Mary catchment only Ant, LFMA has apporox. 75% of this years production for Wyaralong. No Bass for Wyaralong Ray stream stocking only this year by LAFMA. As Ray said LAFMA does not get any government money and needs support from these events.

i'll be going again. had a ball last time. only got the one fish but this time going with a little bit more info on the carp and hope to get a better result, if only to help the fish stocking program. ezy

scenery, good company great atmosphere and a good cause everyone should jump on board as it's a great day out

Sorry to say but the second bloke with a permit to breed MRC has lost 90% of his stock.

Sad news Again. Received a message from Russel Manning (via Lloyd our secretary)Russel is the only other MRC breeder that was given a permit this year to breed MRC and to have brood stock. He announced he loss 90% of his MRC fingerlings . That means both the hatcheries (ONLY TWO) one private one public sort of. that where given permission to breed MRC fingerlings could not make it work this year. May be it would seam simple to give more breeders a chance and better odds. But I guess thats to simple a solution!

Makes you wonder what would have happened if Traveston would have gone ahead.

One of the benefits would have been gerry Cook relocated and replaced with better facilities and more important funding. At the moment they are survivingwith old equipment and rely on volunteers and a small grant from the Noosa council.

Now that the council has been broken up I do not know if it will impact on Gerry Cook.

Cheers

Ray

• 1 month later...

Archived