Where to catch australian bass.

Last week I went to the moggil creek to try to catch my first bass, I succeed and got a 43cm Australian bass on a popper. I now want to go some ware different, I live in Brisbane and do not want to travel all the way to somerset. I heard the Mt Crosby weir was supposed to be good, but there were lost of no fishing zones. 

Has anyone been there and can tell me exactly where whey went?

-Thanks

image.thumb.png.838c51a6dab4f7c6aafdb539cda16cda.png

Hey mate, 

Mt Crosby is an alright spot, I've caught lots of bass there, I would suggest using surface from 4-7am or a diving hardbody when its later in the day. It is probably a good idea to go there and suss it out as theres many spots to fish from there. Good luck. 

Also, out of interest, did you get the bass on a boat or from the land at Moggil Creek?

If you want to explore as you go I suggest heading east from the service stations on the freeway around Beerburrum. you have 3 main creeks in the area and a LOT of feeder gullies that hold bass too. My best from a sink hole there was about 53cm.

Find a gully and bushwhack up from there....it is amazing where they turn up, often totally land locked.

5 hours ago, mangajack said:

If you want to explore as you go I suggest heading east from the service stations on the freeway around Beerburrum. you have 3 main creeks in the area and a LOT of feeder gullies that hold bass too. My best from a sink hole there was about 53cm.

Find a gully and bushwhack up from there....it is amazing where they turn up, often totally land locked.

Never fished it but often looked as I went by and thought that it had to hold fish.