Night Time On The Pine

Panther

Short report about a night trip to the Pine River Wednesday evening....

I will start by admitting I didn't get a single confirmed take the entire night!!! A mate and I threw a variety of lures around for more than a few hours and mostly only copped jelly fish "hits" on the retrieve. They were thick as is often the case in this part of the world. 

We were just about to make a move from the mouth to try our luck further upstream when my mates 2500 reel's drag started screaming and a fish promptly headed towards pylons. After some desperate boat maneuvers and a bit of luck (avoiding pylons) he landed this nice, just legal Jew. 

image1(1).JPG

A soft plastic grub tail did the damage. The fish was released after a few pics. 

Nice catch from an otherwise fruitless night venture. Only other fish was a small Trevally from the Bruce Highway bridge. 

5 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Great stuff mate - I chased them last night in the Brissie for a doughnut unfortunately. And yep, PLENTY of jellyfish!

I headed out to Hays Inlet this afternoon and didn't see any jellyfish. Hopefully they are gone for a bit. Managed a small feed of whiting on the full moon run out tide, and of course the obligatory stingray. 

I was going to head down there on Saturday night but didn't make it in the end which I'm kicking myself now. I went for a fish Sunday morning and a guy at the boat ramp had another jew about the same size :( He caught Saturday night. I might have to put some extra effort in and target them i think.

Madmic

Archived