Hey guys, i got another quick question, i looked up difference between mono and nylon, and mono is single strand nylon. If i go online a buy some 80lb nylon will be that mono or is that different?? if that makes sense

Thanks 

Nylon is one form of monofilament....Perlon is also a monofilament.

All monofilaments are single strand, that is what it means literally.

There are also hybrid monofilaments where there is two types of plastic formed into one line....then all of the flurocarbons are a monofilament as well.

The type of plastic really does not matter as much as the quality of the line.....there are cheap brands out there.

Trusted brands would be any of the lines below.

Schnieder, Maxima, Platypus, Stren, Jarvis Walker, Berkley, Tortue and quite a lot of others.

If you find some perlon it is also a very good cheap line as well. I haven't seen it on a shelf in 30 years though.

Will you be boat fishing or land based fishing with this setup?

I think just going with 80lb mono all the way through would be your best bet.

In a boat you can easily follow the shark....you would not need more than 300m of line.

Land based you might need more line, but by the time you get that much line out and the shark swims on a radius your line will hit everything between you and the shark as it circles.....most common form of breakoff in my experience....it will come down to selecting a clean environment to battle the beast.

3 hours ago, mangajack said:

Will you be boat fishing or land based fishing with this setup?

I think just going with 80lb mono all the way through would be your best bet.

In a boat you can easily follow the shark....you would not need more than 300m of line.

Land based you might need more line, but by the time you get that much line out and the shark swims on a radius your line will hit everything between you and the shark as it circles.....most common form of breakoff in my experience....it will come down to selecting a clean environment to battle the beast.

will be landbased, planning to go off fraser someday with a mate. 

21 hours ago, Junky said:

I wouldn't top shot the braid, I'd back it with 80lb. 

Just platt the end of the braid to make your double and use a 10m+ wind on. 

Heaps of tigers, small hammers and whalers at Fraser. 

yeah thats a good option, ill also use the combo when im not at fraser though, for sharks at a spot my mate got a 4m hammer