Trim settings for 15HP motor on 12' Tinnie

zzlgrant

Hi guys,

Picked up my first boat a few months ago. A 12' Tinnie....with a broken engine. Dont worry the price had the broken motor taken into considderation. Anyway, 3 months later and I have saved up and purchased a new 15HP Mercury Super. There are a series of trim holes for the motor's down position. I am not sre where to set the trim for the best performance, speed, smoothest ride etc. Any help would be apreciated.

Also, if anyone is looking to purchase anything marine at the moment I stumbled into a price war. Crew Marine have aparently overstepped the mark and are pissing in Cunningham Marine's turf. Cunningham Marine has declared war and intend to put Crew Marine out of business. I had very little work to do to get the motor at mere dollars over cost from Cunningham after getting a quote from Crew. Saved me nearly $400 on a $2300 motor.

Regards,

Luke

ZZZlgrant in general terms the closer the leg of the motor is to the transon the low the nose of the boat whilst the opposite will see the nose lift . Trim the boat with the average load you expect to carry ie 2 men etc. The expectation is to get the boat on plan asap. but bear in mind if the leg is set too far from the transon it will be light to steer but unstable again the opposite is true if the leg is close to the transon.

Archived