Hi to all

fisho50

Hi to all,my name is Steve and I have just joined the site and it looks really good,so far eveybody seems so helpfull.I have just brought myself a new boat it is a 4 metre tinnie with 30hp yammy, have also got a sounder but still trying to understand what it is telling me, most of my fishing experiance has been beach fishing so it is all new to me being on a boat, so am hopeing to get some basic advice on when and where to use it.I live in daisy hill in the southern subs and don't mind a bit of travel to go fishing.

Cheers

Steve

Hi mate, keep an eye out on the forum, quite often other boaties will be going out and ask if anyone wants to tag along (and there are also lots of non-boaters that would love to deckie for you too!).

There are many years of accumulated experience accross our members, and most are willing to help out when asked.

Also the forum is a great place to ask what seem like "stoopid" questions.

We are all learning as we go, some of us have just had a headstart!

Before you know it you'll be giving tips to other "afo beginners!"

G'day Steve and welcome to AFO.

I would highly reckomend Wellington Point for a newbie too boating. It has a large 4 lane boat ramp, fishing 100m of the shore, You will just about allways catch something. it's only a short trip over to Harry's reef on a good day and the kids/assuming you have some should be well entertained.

The best of luck with the new boat and I look forward to a report.

Jayson

G'day Steve,

in the forums I have found out that there is no such think as a stupid question. Loads of hints and help from all the fellas. Now that you have a boat the best sugestion I can make is to get a book called "Beacon to Beacon". First thing I brought when I got my boat.

Have fun.

:laugh::laugh: B) B) B)

Welcome to the forum mate! And best of luck with the new tinny. Hope to see u out there sometime! I've only just got a new boat in recent times too and for it's maiden voyage I took her out to the Brissy River. Plenty of access whether u decide to use pinkenba ramp or fishermans island ramp. And on those nice days it's nothing to shoot across the bay to mud island

Archived