Brisbane River locations? Any Estuaries near Bris?

Clayto

Guys

looking for some local estuaries around Brisbane, are there any? Happy to do some yabbie pumpinbg with my sone and also looking for some nice spots to fish around Brisbane or Northside (I live in Samford 20kms north of Brisbane)

What is Nudgee Beach etc. like?

Thanks chaps and aldies

Thanks guys

Cheers

Clayto and son Matt

If you live at Samford, try some of the creeks and the river that run into North Pine dam, or the Dam itself.

Otherwise The pine River has a few parks along it with nice water access (Fred Bell park behind Strathpine shopping centre) or Deep water Bend or Dohles Rocks still on the Pine , but a bit closer to the mouth.

Or if you come tight down to the bay, there are a few jetties on the north side, (baxters in Cabbage Tree Creek, Shorncliffe, Redcliffe Jetties) the old Hornibrook bridge, a little closer to town Nudgee Beach and Schulz Canal. (There often members going for a fish at the last two).

Both bream and Flatties at Nudgee and Schultz. If you go almost all the way to Nudgee beach, just before the left turn into the township itself is a little park with a fishing platform, its always good for a fish, otherwise the locals just work along the bike paths that follow the canal. Both Flatties and Bream likely, possibly the odd cod.

At the beach itself, just walk out along the flats looking for drop offs etc, your likely to get a flattie.

Your light tackle is fine for both areas. The surf rod might be useful if you setup on the fishing platform and want to cast something out a bit further.

Yep, the Nudgee beach road runs along the Schulz Canal near the mouth. Probably good directions on here to a few fishing different spots along the canal in the reports, but I'll dig out a map showing you where it is and post it in a few minutes.

Noter in the UBD the bottom half of Schulzes canal is called the Kedron Brook Floodway, it is right next to the Brisbane airport.

overview.jpg

detail.jpg

Hi guys

went down yesterday lunchtime as the little guy was insistent on using his new rod, low tide so not great, but managed to hook a few small bream and one little brean lookalike but with strippie markings on it?, we were fishing near the platform off the beach/rocks

my first time in fishing in this area

thanks for the directions etc.

Cheers

Clayto

Archived