tweed river tips

novrain

[file] hey all

am heading out to the tweed tomorrow on a pontoon bbq boat. been looking forward to this.

anyone have any tips on the area?

i''ll be bringing bait for the other folks ie.cut prawns, live yabbbies and hopefully live prawns/herring.

will be bringing some plastics to try my luck and also chucking out 2 crab pots

picking up boat at the boat hire place - see pic.

its at minjungbal drive

anyone have tips?

much appreciated

There is so much good water in the tweed and so many nice fish. Looking at the map Id fish the boyds bay area with plastics to see if there are some taylor, trevally, bream ect around the bridges, there usally is. Also along keneddy drive is a good spot for some deep bream and flattys. Then theres the canals, marina/trawlers which are a perfect spot to flick a lightly weighted plastic. Its an great river system you should have fun :)

2" Banana Prawns with 1/16th Head, everything id hitting them.

Tweed is fishing really well. We landed 30 odd Flatties last Saturday. Bream on Poppers. No real science, fish the weed drop offs and sand banks. If the sand banks have Yabbie holes you are in Business.

The Kennedy Drive streach and Black Watch Boat shed are the places to be

this is from the nsw dpi site:

Charter boats, hire boats and fishing guides

You may not need to pay the recreational fishing licence fee if you are fishing on a charter boat, hire boat or under the supervision of a fishing guide. Please check with the charter/hire boat operator, or guide, before you go fishing. If they do not hold a Recreational Fishing Fee Exemption Certificate you will need to pay the NSW recreational fishing licence fee.

If you are unsure if you need a NSW recreational fishing fee receipt, please call 1300 550 474.

I would still check with the hire place though.

Hey mate i've had my most success around the boyds bay bridge but i haven't fished alot in the tweed. i've caught bream,flatties,whiting, luderick. I've also been told that they get cobia under the bridge but only at night. No joke but yeah im pretty sure you will do will wherever u fish there:)

Archived