Cudgen creek?

Troy_79

hey guys, im heading down to kingscliffe on sunday to visit my grandparents who r up on holidays and im looking at taking my granddad out fishing. had a look at the area and saw a nice little creek near by called cudgen creek. Has anyone fished this area before? my mate told me its a fairly shallow creek but holds some nice whiting.

cheers, troy

mate I haven't fished it, but if its the one I'm thinking of (you drive over it on a 1 lane wooden bridge that looks like it'll collapse), you can visually see the whiting there near the mouth.

You can also see large fish off both tips of the mouth just darting between the rocks.

its a nice little spot. We had a great session there a few months back on surface lures on the in coming tide.

Its a long way around in the car as the bridge to Salt is cut off for repairs.

On the Southern side there is a nice little Yabbie Bank, we worked that banks dropoffs for Whiting, Bream and Small GT's. The only problem we had was keeping the Pike away from expensive Towardi's

Ifs bait is your go, Yabbies or Worms will do the trick

There's a really nice hole on the end of the norhtern rockwall. PLenty of bream all day and the odd jew at night. Also heaps of luderick on the run in tides along these rockwalls ( just look for the locals ) and you'll be close to the mark. The more I think about it the luderick run could be just aboot over.

really nice creek mate, good luck.

Archived