Brisbane river mouth cement factory

fishinking

thanks mate, i was targeting some threadies there in the morning then i got this massive hit and despite me hoping it was my first threadie i knew it was a cod. Mate if cod are your favourite fish you would love fishing at the mouth of the river, there is a heap of them up that way.

Yeah I have heard. Whenever I fish the mouth though its a bream and flatty fest :P

Dont know why I like them. Have always thought they are underated.

I mean they:

a: Look awesome.

b: Fight dirty.

c: Taste great.

Thats 3 out of 3 in my books.

I imagine decent live baits around any of teh structure out there must do alright?

Angus

yeah im sure live baits such as herring or small livies like that would do great as ive had heaps of cod spit up massive baits such as herring, crabs and lots more. i dont actually use bait anymore just hard bodie lures and the occasional soft plastic but i find the vibration lures at the mouth work the best.

Angus wrote:

Yeah I have heard. Whenever I fish the mouth though its a bream and flatty fest :P

Dont know why I like them. Have always thought they are underated.

I mean they:

a: Look awesome.

b: Fight dirty.

c: Taste great.

Thats 3 out of 3 in my books.

I imagine decent live baits around any of teh structure out there must do alright?

Angus

Yea, cant agree more to that. Cods (all sizes) put on a decent fight and a thrill to catch on light bream gear. When I caught mine, it was dinner time and the flesh is really good, nice and firm and very tasty. Cant wait to catch another one as my tastebuds are dying for another bite.

Archived