Cabarita Info Needed

waldo

After years of contemplation a mate and I are finally going to do the cabarita greenback comp. Unfortunately because of car break ins on my early trips down that way I haven't bothered too much about fishing around there so I need some info. Well lots really :(

1 - 4wd drive access beaches within the boundaries? care to name them. I know sth ballina to evans is free but looked ordinary when I was down there a month ago. any others free or paid (cost?)

2 - We are thinking about just snoozing in the car. Any suggestions on what would we do with the rods for weigh ins etc so they don't get knocked off? Thinking about it carry em in :) any others?

3 - Anyone know the boundaries for the comp and the exact times it runs from.

4 - What other species are in the running beside tailor, very hard to find info on this comp online.

Thanks if you have ideas for one or all questions :cheer:

google search it i'm shure there is a website for the comp was last year

or go to www.northcoastfishing.com.au and ask them

most of them are members here and vice versa

i havent been down there for a while so i've no idea of the rules anymore

you used to have to buy an annual beach permit from the shire councill to drive on the beaches

Yeah I checked pretty well before I asked, google isn't throwing anything up with details for this years or last years competition. Signed up for northcoastfishingnsw.com.au but having a ton of trouble keeping the site up let alone posting. Might give it a go another day if I get the chance.

After looking at forums all over the place I am finding little bits and pieces of info but almost had a gutful. I'm beginning to remember why I put it in the too hard basket last time :unsure: Finding out about the comp is like pulling teeth.

I found that contact but haven't mailed them yet, thanks for putting up that info though Jeff will chase it up and see if there is any beach access. It looks as though were special permits for th cab comp but they might be gone now. Makes it near impossible to turn up cold on the day and find a decent gutter having to walk the beach. Going into the Reddy Bay comp and hitting straddie for that day might be a better alternative maybe.

Archived