morten bay..green to peel

flyfish1972

Hey everyone

Headed out a 4am Saturday morning, to green island dropped anchor and threw in some berley .i few good hits on our squid strips, after a hour we got a few nice bream and a couple of squire. My fishing buddy then hooked a really nice fish, after a few great runs and going under the boat .he managed to land a nice. After watching the great sun rise we then headed out to the 36ft drop between wello and peel (another bad choice of spots).so we then head out to peel well out side the green zone. We decided to put some big baits in and see what happens, well after a hour one of the big rods went (thank god it was mine). After setting the hook this thing went like a steam train, right under the anchor rope. After hanging on to the bow rails and trying to thread my rod under the anchor rope and getting my face close to the water .this fish was going and going with a easy 100 mtr of line in its trail. Well after a good 30 min we got some colour……well it turned out to be a shovel nose shark at 6ft.but still good fun. We Went to a few other spots and fished the edge of the channel but with no luckhttp://www.australianfishing.com.au/components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/images/english/emoticons/unsure.png

ellicat wrote:

flyfish1972 wrote:
thanks Angus

didn't no it was a morwong looking at my fish id chart it looked like a slate bream.

mmm you something new everyday

Same thing mate. They go by a few names...that's two of 'em ;)

add blackall, painted sweetlip (their "proper" name) and mother-in-law fish to that list and that's about the lot!

Archived