Tagging Session Shultz.

fishguru5

whent to shultz a while ago for a tagging session and thought i would do a report on it. i do not have many pics as i was concentrating on catching the next fish after tagging it instead of taking a photo. i did however get a photo of my personal best bream of 36 cm which i am chuffed about. so.

met keechie at the boat ramp at around 6am and we headed straight to the golf course for some bait. after about 2 or 3 kilo of prawn and a few mullet and a load of herring we headed to our spot and started fishing. the first hour we were using lures top pick up a flatty or a jewie but was not to be only ended up with a couple of legal bream touching 27 and 28 cm. so we decided to make a move and caught another 2 or 3 bream worth tagging all under 29 cm and over 25cm. we then started on our live baits for some bream and thats when the action got a little better. lots of hookups and bust offs and miss hook ups but by the end of the 3 kilos of prawns and mullet and herring we had caught 16 legal bream the last 5 being over 30 cm. headed back towards the boat ramp to grab a feed of prawns for that night. all fish caught on the day were released with 20 of them being tagged. will be heading to shultz tomorow and will let you all know how i whent when i come back.

thanks for reading

pat

Nice one man. A bit different to see a tagging session there but very interesting. Would be good to see one of those turn up in a few years to see if they hang around there or just come in with tides/bait/weather etc.

Angus

Archived