A Call For Staff - 2 Bent Rods

AFO

** This thread discusses the content article: A Call For Staff - 2 Bent Rods **

We are looking for staff for the Jun/July school holidays. We will be running 2 different programs.

1.    Centre Based-  we will be running mini clinics, similar to the Boat Shows

Starting at 9.30am at various schools around Brisbane.

Most centres have up to 30 kids and there will be 2 instructors as well as the centre staff.

2.    Beach – introduction to shore based fishing.

Programs start at varying times due to the tides.

Kids will be learning to catch their own bait with a bait net, yabby pump or cast net (depending on location). We show them how to tie knots (using a hook-eze, a safety device), bait hooks, bait presentation & hopefully hook a fish. Programs run for 3hrs.

We definitely need help on the following days:

Wednesday 30th June 9.30am - 12.30pm Everton Park – Centre

Wednesday 30th June 10.00am – 1.00pm Wellington Point – Beach

Thursday 1st July 10.00am – 1.00pm Nudgee – Beach

Friday 2nd July 11.00am – 2.00pm Dohles Rocks – Beach

Thursday 8th July 9.30am – 12.30pm Strathpine – Centre

Thursday 8th July 10.00am – 1.00pm Currumbin – Beach

We are looking for people all over South East Qld. The above dates are for the June July Holidays,  we are taking bookings for the September holidays that we will be requiring staff for as well as the 2010 Brisbane International Boat show (27-30 Aug),  Suncorp/4BC Family Fishing Day (8th Aug). 

The people we are looking for will have a love of fishing and kids. You will need a positive blue card for working with children, or be willing to obtain one.

The work is very spasmodic with it mainly being school holidays & the occasional weekend. We would like to have a few different people to be able to call on from time to time in different areas.

All training is provided, the work is not hard, and the kids are great as they are genuinely interested in what we are doing.

If you feel that you would like to do this sort of work or if you would like further information please contact Sam on 0403 713 820

I can reccomend this as great casual work if anyone is interested.

I would be putting my hand up right away if I wasnt already working Vacation Care all holidays. I am lucky however as I have successfully petitioned the co ordinator to hire 2 Bent Rods for one of our incursions so I still get the best of both worlds :P Looking forward to it!!

Guys this is perfect for uni students wanting to earn some coin over the holidays or anyone wanting to pick up some weekend pocket money.

Good luck Sam and Jeremy!

Angus

robin wrote:

Sounds Very interesting, getting paid for something I love, could not ask for anything better.

How much fishing experience do you require.

As the 2 Bent Rods team to be sure.

But bare in mind you are working with kids.

I would expect knowing you way around a spinning reel, tying a couple of knots and common sense would suffice.

Your not teaching them Bi mini's and how to set a spread for marlin is my point :P

Angus

put me down for the 2nd July, happy to give a hand if you need. But Ill confirm that early next week as Im not sure when Ill be away up north again. Flick me an email if you like with the details eddie_aitken @ yakka . com . au

Have my bluecard still as well when I did junior golf clinics at local schools when I was with the PGA few years back so can handle the monsters no dramas B)

Thanks Robin & Silver_Rex I have sent you both emails.

We are still looking for people to help out on the following days:

Wednesday 30th June 10.00am – 1.00pm Wellington Point – Beach

Thursday 8th July 9.30am – 12.30pm Strathpine – Centre

Thursday 8th July 10.00am – 1.00pm Currumbin – Beach

If you are able to help out please let us know.

Thanks

Sam

• 3 weeks later...

Archived