Pontoon 21 CrackJack

AFO

** This thread discusses the content article: Pontoon 21 CrackJack **

Searing Tackle is Proud to announce the exclusive dealership for Australia of the Pontoon 21 Brand of lures. These premium Japanese designed products all

come with Owner Hooks as standard as well as having a high quality finish that one would expect from a premium quality brand.

All Pontoon21 lures are very stable in all kinds of water conditions but the CrackJack stands out from the crowd.

The CrackJack is engineered to allow control of its action by anglers of all experience levels. With the slightest of rod movements it soon

becomes clear just how much control one can have in all aspects the lures action and the suspending configuration keeps it in the strike zone.

Incorporating the Pontoon21 MFB (Magnetic Force Balance) system and the aerodynamic body design the CrackJack is able to achieve great casting distances

and even better accuracy. The MFB system works by a small internal ball moving to the tail of the lure when cast, allowing for maximum distance.

Once the lure lands, the ball returns to the magnet at the head of the lure creating a perfectly balanced presentation.

Equipped with Owner treble hooks and currently available in six great colour patterns this suspending lure will account for a wide range of species in

fresh, salt and estuary waters.

Brisbane Fishing Online wrote:

** This thread discusses the content article: Pontoon 21 CrackJack **

Incorporating the Pontoon21 MFB (Magnetic Force Balance) system and the aerodynamic body design the CrackJack is able to achieve great casting distances

and even better accuracy. The MFB system works by a small internal ball moving to the tail of the lure when cast, allowing for maximum distance.

Once the lure lands, the ball returns to the magnet at the head of the lure creating a perfectly balanced presentation.

if you read it properly it explains what MFB is and how it works quite well duncan ;)

the magnet is small enough to pull the ball to the front when in the water cranking but weak enough force so the enertia created when casting over comes the magnetic force to allow the weight to be distributed to the rear of the lure to allow longer casts.

In theory sounds like it could work but what about in practice when the wind kicks in and the lure tumbles a bit as it slows down, wouldnt the magnet overcome any inertia and then the weight shift cuse a change in balance throwing the casting accuracy off, will be interesting to see how the results are from testing anyway

okay im out going anyfurther with this one, i reckon grab one and see for your self how it works, the design is pretty simple science and its the simple things that generally work the best. IMO looks like a top lure and from being distributed by searing the price is probably tops too.

Had a flick around with the pontoon 21s today and they're fantastic! MFN is ridiculous and these things challenge a chubby for casting distance. Accuracy is spot on and even into a headwind we didn't have a prblem lobbing em around.

I think price is around 19.95 for the pontoons but don't quote me I'm probably wrong.

Definitely buying a few for my tacklebox

51MPL wrote:

Had a flick around with the pontoon 21s today and they're fantastic! MFN is ridiculous and these things challenge a chubby for casting distance. Accuracy is spot on and even into a headwind we didn't have a prblem lobbing em around.

I think price is around 19.95 for the pontoons but don't quote me I'm probably wrong.

Definitely buying a few for my tacklebox

Looking forward to the report mate heard you guys got quite a few fish.

smitty wrote:

In theory sounds like it could work but what about in practice when the wind kicks in and the lure tumbles a bit as it slows down, wouldnt the magnet overcome any inertia and then the weight shift cuse a change in balance throwing the casting accuracy off, will be interesting to see how the results are from testing anyway

I don't think anything will win against a heavy head or cross wind.

It does work in real life. When you cast, you can hear the "click" when the ball flicks to the back of the lures tail. I thought it was something broken for a split second..then realised it would be the ball. In the all day casting of the lure I have, it never spun or went funny mid air. The extra weight and intertia focused on the back of the lure forced the back end to shoot straight.

I'm sure if you did a bit of a tard cast it would spin... but I think it does work against it.

hooked_on_trout wrote:

smitty wrote:
Id like to know how the magnet works, been a while since school but isnt force applied from casting inertia centrifugal

Don't think there is a magnet, prolly just the potential energy from the rod contributing to the kinetic energy of the lure moving through the air.

cheers

There is definitely a magnet... The magnet stays stuck to the front...and there's a ball bearing inside that can roll inside... so when still, the magnet pulls the ball forward... but when cast, the force of the cast is stronger than the pull of the magnet, thus forcing the ball to the back....

I'll take high def close shots sometime this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

well they finally arrived. i have 6 colours in the shallow runner and 4 in the deep runner. the stockists that have had orders sent to them so far are

www.fishin.com.au

www.mylureshop.com

www.masterangler.com.au

www.motackle.com.au

Tackle World Canberra

The Fishing Shop in WA

Ray Annes Super Store in Adelaide, SA

Manning Valley Tackle in NSW

The guys above may not have unpacked the order yet, but they do have them or will be receiving within a few days

More stockists coming soon, hoping to pick up some brissi based ones in the coming weeks. the rrp is $18.99.

here are the colours of the shallow runners, that goes down to .8 metre

crackjackcolourchartsr.jpg

here are the colours of the deep runner that dives to 1.4 metres.

crackjackcolourchartdr.jpg

cheers

rob

sweresy wrote:

rob those crash and funas are going to slay 'em!!

mate the photos dont do them justice, the reflections and depth of colour that they have are wicked. the Funa is one of my favourites, in fact all this talk of lures has got my fired up, i think i may charge the batteries for a session this week ;)

Nice Stuff. Finally able to get my hands on a few shallow ghost gilled ones. Got given a deep Crack jack in Crash hg Wakasagi by Adam at Fishin.com.au. Turned it into a medium crackjack (filed the bib down) and flicked it at the Bribie abt round a few wknds ago and got some fish on them. Definately helped me catch fish over the weekend and ended up coming 7th :)

I can definately see these being popular over the bream scene in the future

Dell wrote:

Nice Stuff. Finally able to get my hands on a few shallow ghost gilled ones. Got given a deep Crack jack in Crash hg Wakasagi by Adam at Fishin.com.au. Turned it into a medium crackjack (filed the bib down) and flicked it at the Bribie abt round a few wknds ago and got some fish on them. Definately helped me catch fish over the weekend and ended up coming 7th :)

I can definately see these being popular over the bream scene in the future

nice one Dell, i heard about your top ten placing ;)

The 48mm crack jack will be in late december early jan and the 58mm will follow after that. The next few months will see the greedy guts in 77mm 66mm 55mm and 44mm being released in shallow and medium divers as well as a 44mm gagagoon and maybe a 50mm-60mm surface stick bait. All new baits will be sub $20 (bar massive currency movements)

as i dont like paying more than $20 for any bream/bass lure

Khoi and i are out tommorrow at the usual spot will be throwing the crackjack 38mm around and a few damiki's.

cheers

from my own point of view I always want to know measurements and relative sizing so I can visualise it so I hope the comparative picture can help people see the size etc.

Further to that... the measure of the bib for the shallow diver is - 10mm long, 8mm across at the widest point.

The deep diver bib is - 18mm long, 11mm at its widest....

hope that helps people :) Sorry if I'm stealing your thunder there Rob :D

Archived