fishing brisbane

smith18

hey guys,

would someone please be able to help me out with where to fish what tackle and what bait to use. landbase fishing in the brisbane area.Also i want to get into soft plastics from the bank any ideas. i am huge on catch and release for the future of fishing. if someone could please give me a couple of ideas that would be appriciated.

First off, welcome to the site mate.

Now, to do with the fishing areas, your going to get told this alot, but the best thing you can do its go into the Brisbane River and creeks report section and check it out. Alot of the guys use lures, bait etc.... and this will give you a good idea on what to use and places.

Sorry I cant be much help....

Miss M

I have to agree with miss munchkin mate.

First off welcome to the site!

The fact is you just joined a forum with literally 1000's of local fishing reports that answer your above questions.

A lot of members dont answer these first posts as they have been answered many times perviously.

My advice is to have a good troll through previous reports which will give you a much better idea of whats going on in the local area. Once you have done this you can have a crack.

After having a crack and reporting on successes and failers, feedback will be much more forthcoming.

Also try getting along to the AFO event or social. Putting some faces to names will massively help you out and really bring you into the fold.

I have also moved moved this post to the "Introduce Yourself" section to get the desired welcome :)

Cheers.

Angus

Also another idea is that you can see who is going fishing. You can tag along on alot of these journeys with alot of the other members, and if your're going fishing, post it up on the going fishing notice boards. It's just another way you can meet other members other than in the AFO events etc.

As angus said: "My advice is to have a good troll through previous reports which will give you a much better idea of whats going on in the local area. Once you have done this you can have a crack.

After having a crack and reporting on successes and failers, feedback will be much more forthcoming."

Hope this helps.

and once again, welcome to the site.

Miss Munchkin

what side of town u live will determine a lot of your fishing. petrol aint cheep.

look out for specials at leading tackle shops, and other franchises that sell fishing gear on mass. bcf have a weekend(this weekend only) special selling some brand name rods at decent prices. wait for catalog specials too, as they can sometimes offer big discounts. shimano & daiwa brands are well known for their quality. both offering 10, & 5 year warranty, respectively. there are cheaper brands, but like all things, you get what you pay for. I would recommend a 2m 2-4kg rod matched to a sml threadline/spinning/eggbeater style reel. 2500 size reel will cover most of your land based needs.3-6 kg line. you will need to know how to tie a solid knot,(I`m assuming this only, u may already know). dont buy the first thing you see, do some research & keep asking questions, as myself & others are surly happy to help.

as a rough guide, bcf were selling shimano sienna 2500,/graphite sonic pro 2-4kg rod for $79 bucks, 30 bucks for some braid. thats a good combo for one hundred dollars.

as for locations on the north side, try nudgee beach. went down there today with m8 flicking soft plastics at low tide. it took nearly one hour for me to get a hit. A lizard we thought was about 60cm+, grabbed my lure, ran about 20feet, broke the surface, shook its head, & spat the hook. spewing. I told my m8 that it was bigger than 75cm & that I would have released it anyway. lol

Hey everyone thanks for the welcoming.

and thanks for the tips on tackle although i already have probably 20 or so combos for all sorts of fishing lol.

i just wanted some local knowledge. Ive been getting out as much as i can with a mate trying new methods of bait, tackle, tide and time.

couple of days ago we went fishing of the woody point jetty using mullet i caught myself as bait we managed to get a 50cm flathead and a 70cm shovel nose ray. so it wasnt bad.

Archived