another flatty report.

fergie

headed up coochin yesterday in search of anything other then flathead. but it wasn't to be. we spent a couple of hours trying everything i had in tackle box, blades, sx40's, sp's, etc. to no avail. so headed back down to the mouth to troll and see what we could pick up. sure enough nothing but flathead, it was our first troll for lizards in the new tinnie, which went rather well, landing 5 each and scoring a double hook up. but like someone else said, there was a comp on and there was a s***load of boats on the water. it made it difficult with boats anchored up in the middle of the channel in places were the channel is only max 50mtrs wide with lines out in every direction. and have the nerve to give you a dirty look cause your to close to them. f***me some people have no idea.anyway there's my winge for the week :P

if anyone is keen to come up here and get amongst the flattys while there on fire feel free to send me a pm.

cheers 22222-20100614.jpg

joel the lure is a micro mullet grey ghost made by lively lures.

brad they make this same colour lure in 4 sizes, the one i use is 2 inches long. and i have had the same success with the smaller one which is 1 1/2 inches and have also picked up bream and trevs on the smaller one.one was caught on an sx48 and the rest were on micro mullet, pink and grey ghost. i'd say in the last month we have landed 50 - 100 lizards and have released all of them. but until yesterday all the others were caught on sp's

wheres coochin? good flathead session have you got any pics of your tinny?

i found a more aggressive retrived worked better for me in regards to flathead on hardbodys, use lures with a smallish bib (i like sx-40's, khamsin jnrs, rapala xraps and jerk shads) cast out reel it in abit to get a taught line and give two rips down then sit for afew seconds reel in the slack and another two quick rips i found they tend to smash it on the pause

Archived