Time for a new Bream Rod

plugga

G'day People,

Well the time has come again and Im looking for a new bream rod. Im looking for a rod

2-4 or 2-5 kg, 6'8 or 7'0 foot, max 150 bucks. Prievous I had a Shimano jewel which snap twice :o i couldnt believe it.

Any input would be appreaciated :)

Have a good day,cheers

plugga.

i dident like the jewels, get yourself a berkly dropshot 2-4kg had a squize at the newly released versions and they are a nice little rod

iv got an older model 6'10" one i cut the grip down and took some off the tip and i find it to be fantastic good for both hardbodys and plastics although i like throwing hardbods one that rod

obviously the pfluger trions are worth a mention and if you can stretch the 150 you can look around at the berkley and trion tournament models

are you after a soft tip rod or a solid tipped rod? iv got another 7' berkley dropshot thats had the grip modifyed might be willing to move it off if your interested

PM Uncharted Tackle mate.

Of email them.

They are bringing in a lot of nice stuff form Japan.

Some of the second hand stuff is in mint condition and a fraction of the price.

For $150 I am sure they could set you up with a nice quality high end bream stick.

Cheers.

Angus

Oh P.S.

Contact email:

franco@unchartedtackle.com or

michael@unchartedtackle.com

i'd go with the trion over dropshot.

but that's just personal, try both and feel the weights and and the feel of them and choose which you believe will be better.

if u can get a reel of a similar size to that of you while be using and put it on to test it.

hope it helps

hooked_on_trout wrote:

1-3kg is more of a Bream rod.

If your using lures or plastics that is.

cheers

haha yeah i know, but when i go up north I used it for small GT's, small Tusky and stuff, so abit of extra grunt helps:)

thank for the info boys:)

cheers

Have a feel of both the dropshot and the trion. I'm a big fan of both but usually reach for the berkley on the lighter end of things. I like the way it handles hardbody lures better than the trion. Keep in mind this is just my opinion though, go into the shop and test them out yourself

you would be surprised what you can tame on a 1-3kg my mrs has caught some powerfull fish on her 1-3kg daiwa infeet

but yes sound advice is to get yourself the reel you intend to use, get it spooled then take it with you when you are choosing your rod and see if it balances i always do this now when purchasing new rods i take the intended reel down with me

Archived