Could a Atomic Arrowz estuaries rod, with 5 - 21g casting weight throw 50g lure?

Hey everyone, I recently came across an amzing looking lure, the mmd Whiting Glide Bait, only problem is its 50g and I don't really have a rod that matches that weight. The only rod ive got that could possibly throw it on is an Atomic Arowzz Easturay spinning rod with a casting wait of 5-21g, I have thrown heavier weights on it before and it held up fine, I do have hope simpliy because of videos of youtubers throwing large lures of there lighter baitcasting setup.

If cast 30gm lead fish with a 10-15gm rod just fine, I have however busted the tips on some cheaper rods doing that.

The trick is to cast with as little force as possible and let the weight of the lure do the work for you. Load up the rod and sort of lob it.

Just except the fact that if you mess up your probably going to break a tip off.

That difference in weight is a bit on the extreme side and will increase the risk, so your technique will have to be spot on, it is definitely possible but not advisable as they say.

That size lure is going to attract large fish. 

As long as you're using a decent reel with some good casting PE, you will get away with it using the technique bob mentions  above. 

Rods are just the delivery system for the lure. Let the fish fight the drag in this case. 

Good luck. 

The rods can handle the weight, it's the shock of flicking the lure that will cause a problem.

Some of the big baits you cast when fishing in a Thai fishing park are enormous, but with the right technique it's quite common. But you can still bust 50lb braid just casting them if it gets screwed up.

Power is not your friend it this case, inertia is.

On 5/1/2024 at 12:49 PM, James Reeves said:

Hey everyone, I recently came across an amzing looking lure, the mmd Whiting Glide Bait, only problem is its 50g and I don't really have a rod that matches that weight. The only rod ive got that could possibly throw it on is an Atomic Arowzz Easturay spinning rod with a casting wait of 5-21g, I have thrown heavier weights on it before and it held up fine, I do have hope simpliy because of videos of youtubers throwing large lures of there lighter baitcasting setup.

You might be able lob it on your atomic, however you wouldn't be able to cast it very far. You would also want swap the trebles to be a finer gage if you actually plan on setting the hooks. I would just use that TD black you found on curbside, you would be able to cast the lure way better then your atomic and actually be able to set the hooks properly. I know you think the rod is too heavy but the flathead you would target with that lure would put up a fun fight.