26/6/10 night raid on sandgate

Kenshin

went out with two mates last night (sat 26/6) they took me to a spot in sandgate, i perservered with 2 rods one was rigged with 4lbs mainline 8lbs leader and using small hardbodys the other was 4lbs main and 4lbs leader with soft plastics

i was rather desipointed as all i managed all night is freaking pike which is all i have seemed to capture so far in brisbane, i did hook up to something that felt powerfull that went for a short unstoppable run before biteing my 8lbs leader off clean and stealing my favorite cultiva mirashad :(

my mates resorted to using the pike as bait on jigheads and they flogged it catching a decent bream each, pike eel (wicked teeth and agro!!!!), a small black spot cod and a 80cm bullshark it was my first time seeing the eel, cod and the shark im starting to get peeved with my lack of results with lures at night considering drifting over to bait for awhile

geuss ill tie some dreaded bait rigs, what poundage leader should i use i was just going to use a standard running sinker to swivel to 1-2ft leader then a 1/0 circle hook

pics on camera till i get my computer back in a week or so

Archived