Gundy carp cull 19/20 May

rayke1938

Just came across this on another site. Any interest ?? good prizes includong a yak and a great weekend.

The link is www.carpcull.com.au .

This will give all the info re free camping sites and maps of the area.

Ray

Carp Cull

Friday, 13 April 2007

Goondiwindi District Promotions and the Queensland Murray Darling Committee have formed a partnership to hold Goondiwindi’s first Carp Cull Fishing Competition.

The ‘Cull’, to be held on the 19th and 20th of May is heating up, with up to 500 anglers vying for the $12,000 prize pool.

Registration

Registration will be at the Goondiwindi Bowls Club from 11am until 3pm on Saturday the 19th May.

All registered anglers will receive a free barbecue lunch.

Carp Weigh-in

Carp will be measured on the official boards at the Bowls Club between 3 and 6pm on Saturday, and between 9 and 11 am on Sunday morning.

All carp must be dead and fresh when presented for measurement.

Native Fish Measuring

Marshalls will be patrolling the town reach of the MacIntyre River (Bondi to the Goondiwindi Weir) between 12 Noon and 5pm on Saturday and from 7am until 11 am on Sunday.

There will also be mobile Marshalls at the reserves at the following approximate times:

Keetah Reserve 2.30 pm Saturday and 8.00 am Sunday.

Bengalla reserve 3.00pm on Saturday and 8.30 am Sunday.

Lees Reserve 3.30pm on Saturday and 9.00am Sunday.

Rainbow Reserve 4.00pm on Saturday and 9.30 am on Sunday.

Listen for the air-horn which will signal marshall's arrival.

All native fish must be in good condition and swim away when released to be eligible for the prizes.

Presentations

Presentations will take place at the bowls Club from 12 noon on Sunday afternoon. Anglers must be present to claim their prizes.

Saturday Night Entertainment

There will be live music at the Bowls Club on Saturday Night.

Meals and a full bar are available at the Bowls Club.

Camping

Reduced rates for camping have been negotiated with both the Gundy Star Tourist Van Park 07 4671 2900 or www.gundystar.com.au and also the Goondiwindi Top Tourist Park on 07 4671 4033 or www.GoondiwindiTouristPark.com.au.

Camping is also permitted on the Reserves marked on the map which is attainable through the right hand side by opening the 'Camping in Goondiwindi' link.

Further to this a free 'Fishing and Camping in the Western Downs' Guide is available by ringing either the Toowoomba and Golden West Tourist Association on 07 4632 1988 or Goondiwindi District Promotions on 07 4671 3264.

The Invasive Animal Cooperative Research Centre will be using the event to help with their research into carp biology, and leading up the event will be tagging fish in the competition area. There will be special prizes for anglers who land tagged fish.

Gold Sponsor

gundygunsoutdoorlogo.jpg

Silver Sponsors

Beaurepaires Goondiwindi

David Ford Auto Electrical

* Maps

* Camping in Goondiwindi

* How To Catch Carp

* Research Undertaken at Botanic Gardens in Goondiwindi

* Carp Cull

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2007/05/10 19:30

Mate if I had logged on earlier in the week and seen this post I would have been there with my bells on. But the work gods have called and I will be stuck in a bathroom at boonah dreaming of fishing. Hopefully it becomes and annual event and i will be there next year for sure. Thanks for the post.;)

Archived