sharkin and filming

madmullet

about 4 weeks ago i got a ph call from a producer from moon rabbit productions asking if i can help them do a segment on sharking southern queensland.....

i was to happy to meet up with them.

the day came up very quick and we had arranged to meet up with them at noosa to fish noosa beach as i have heard that their was quite afew sharks up that was at present.we arriver at the beach around mid day and myself, matt fisher and jamie moeller stood on the beach looked out and was contimplating where to run baits out at dark.

3.00 was apon us and we decided to fish between the mouth and the rock finger. the boys started to unload all the gear from the car and i took my car and jetski down to the ramp and launched it and headed threw the very long 6knt zone got to the bar a booted the ski. it lept out of the water and i hit the first wave at 65km and launched out of the water and landed with a thud and into the next one. it only took me afew secs to get through the bar. once out i headed to the beach and when i got near, turned of the ski and phoned the boys to where the were setting up. i had just got off the phone when a life guard on a jet ski pulled up next to me and said what you doing, a explain the who story to him with an excited smile on my face, and then he proceeded to say, WELL NO YOU NOT, why i asked, BECAUSE IT IS ELIGAL TO TAKE ANY WATER CRAFT WITH 800M FROM THE MOUTH OF THE RIVER TO THE POINT AT NOOSE HEAD AND ITS ALSO ELIGAL TO SHARK FISH AT NOOSA, AND I AM GOING TO RADIO YOUR REGO TO THE TOWER TO PASS ON TO THE WATER POLICE AND IF I OR ANYONE REPORTS SHARK FISHING OR WATER CRAFT HEAR YOU WILL BE FINED.

suddenly i hit panic station as we had a big event lined up hear to be filmed, so i got on the phone and rang the boys and told them to pack up and meet me back at the ramp for some bad news.

i proceeded to tell them and we had our f's and c's flying cause we didnt no what to do in such a short time. we decided to fish mooloolabah beach, so i phone the producer and explained to him what happened and to meet us at mooloolabah beach in the cove.

we met at 7.00 and introduces ourselves to the crew of 3 camera men ( big cameras ) 2 booms men, actor, coardinator, 2 producers and 2 guys with very bright lights.

we sat down and went over what we had t say and started filming. first up introduction, then baits, then bait set up, how to deploy baits, rods, reels line hooks ect, species of shark we might incounter, and then the wait. at around 1.00 on of the rods went zzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzz zzzzzzzzz zzz z z zzzzzzzzzzzzzz, the actor pick the rod up and flicked the lever up and wound and struck. the rod bairly bent and their was ninimal head shark. up comes a wobbiegong shark ( carpet shark ) they were very excited but i was like what the f, you pig you are only 1.2m long and you ate a 80cm eel. so i explained the species to them and we let it go and carried on fishing.

we didnt get another run till dawn when the triton 80w with a 8kg mack tuna on for bait screamed...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz we gimbled him up after i set the hook and put it back in the rod holder and he took over. he had it ok for about 30 secs then pop. got busted of later to find their was shark nets out their..... :(:( . ow well you win some and you dont.we raped it up from their as i didnt want to manty people seeing me down on the beach with shark lines out.

they wanted more fottege of results so i envited them back to my place to film my fishing room, jaws and get some footage of me to add to their doco. i had a realy good time helping make the doco, and hopefully someone will contact me in the near future again.

thanks for reading... pics to come

Archived