Whiting lures

S4T4N

Hi guys, I will be doing a purchase off Motackle.com.au soo and wanted to chuck a few lures in to use my postage more effectively... I'm buying a new light spinning rig and wanted a few ideas on brands and colours for whiting lures, already got a couple of bags of gulp 3" sandworms and was looking more towards 3-5cm surface lures I have been looking round the tackle stores near me but their range is (VERY) limited being a bit further from the coast

any ideas???

p.s. just got a new kayak, has any 1 tried poppers on whiting down by manly marina over the weed beds?? only had a 10min session the other day (damn missus) and had 2 hits B)

I've picked up heaps of Whiting on the strike pro Bass X in clear with pink spine, good on the flatties too. :)

:pinch: You and your dam Strike Pro @ Super Bass lures :angry:

I'd get some blades as well mate for some options, sounds silly but the majority of whiting i have caught on lures have been on blades, and then small surface poppers and shallow divers in clearish colours. Good luck.

Some of the Lures i brought from you Perky i think would work well on Whiting :)

esp. over the yabby holes, clear moving water and i find walk the dog lures like bushy's 'top dog' or Megabass dog-x juniors can on occasion be better than poppers.

When you see or have a whiting tailing the lure keep moving it (dont stop) until it hits it!! hope that helps a bit.

post-4796-144598617908_thumb.jpg

post-4796-144598617916_thumb.jpg

Archived