Northern NSW Stones Fishing...

Angus

Well not the day I hoped for, but by no means a bad day.

We were chasing Tailor and Salmon and just could not find them. A few big fish were hooked, but the new headland we tried provided some difficulat landing scenarios and several big fish were lost rock side.

The only thing that pulled drag all day for me (and a lot of it at that) was 2 mullet that were foul hooked throwing slugs. They were so thick we saw this happen a few times to us and other anglers.

Ryan persisted with light gear all day with much better rewards. Using a combination of 1/8th Jig heads and GULPS he managed bream after bream with a nice trev and a stonker whiting thrown in to mix it up a bit.

I will be back again during the week to try and find those tailor!

Angus

post-63-144598639324_thumb.jpg

post-63-14459863933_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598639335_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598639341_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598639354_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598639365_thumb.jpg

And and Ryan, thanks for not wanting to be bothered to fillet your fish!

Cooked up a nice feed of:

Herb crusted crispy skinned mix fillet.

Mash of coriander, sweet potato, mango chutney, chilli and lime.

Wok tossed greens in sesame oil and soy.

And washed it down with an ice cold cider.

Win.

post-63-14459863936_thumb.jpg

E-Cant it was one of many spots tried. Its hard to tell rock fishing locations in general from photo's but this place was a bit tough yes. However if you could guide a fish all the to those rocks there were a few spots you could get a fish through with a bit of luck with the surge.

Angus

Yeah was a good day the mullet kept us entertained, some more stories about the one that got away lol !!

Fishing off the rocks there has good potential, just gotta watch the waves, getting soaked at like 7am not fun :huh:

Ha ha ha, it was good to see I wasn't the only one getting soaked for a change :P :evil: I reckon the potential is there also, as long as the tide is late run-in or early run-out, otherwise there are too many rocks in the way, and areas are cut down massively.

u guys can keep your ocean rock fishing. me + rocks + ocean = 130 something stitches over legs, back, arms and hands.. not good....

be careful guys.

that is a cracker whiting.

you guys need to get down to port maquarie to to increase your chances of salmon. when i was down their this time last year you could near walk over them.

Archived