Fishing the Brisbane River in 20 knot S/E winds?

rathabfishin2

Hello I have been off the water for a while and now have the boat back up and running in time for school holidays. I want to take my son for a fish in the morning after just getting the boat motor back from service and was wondering if i would be wasting my time fishing around the sunken rock wall and wharf areas in the forecast 20knot SE winds forecast for tomorrow.

He is keen to try chasing Jewies and other large species such as threadfin....any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers Andrew

Thanks for the reply Bass Tracker. I only have a 12 ft tinny and was looking to fish at the wall near luggage point...Also considering the pin but its a long drive to go for a choppy day on the water! Will get up early and check the latest BOM updates and make a decision then. I do not mind getting a little wet, or a little breeze but my son is not fond of the chop when sitting in the front of the boat!

Thanks Sweresy, it turns out that my pointing out a pay issue and error in simple mathematics last week has gotten up the nose of the "financial controller" (as she calls herself) at work.... Mysteriously my pay has not been put in, so unfortunately I think I will be waiting till the end of the week now! :angry:

Cheers Bass tracker, I usually do put in at Boggy but I want to check it out on a low tide sonce i haven't taken the boat through there since the floods and wonder if the sand/mud bars have changed since i was last there. When I have my son with me I am always just that little bit more careful!

Andrew

Archived