port of brisbane tips

doss

Hey,

This saturday coming up my old man has decide to take me and the lazy guy, out on the boat for an all nighter around the port of brisbane, i think we are going to put the pots out at boggy then, try cast netting for some prawns and mullet for bait (is there still some bigish prawns around or they all the bait size ones now). then try to fish around where all the big boats load, is there any nice pan size squire around or the odd 80cm plus jew or threadfin If we have know luck in the river, we are looking of heading out around mud. dad has a 4.5m runabout with a 50 yamaha on it. is there any other places where we could try for a fish dont except people to tell me there secret spots but if you don't want the whole world to see where you guys fish just send me a pm any tips would be greatly appreciated

cheers doss

and mate play your cards rite, and you could get yourself one of these...

caught near poo shoot

[attachment=36548]jew.jpg[/attachment]

The POO shoot????????.............I bet that bad boy tasted interesting.......lol

released... i dont eat fish, only shark

Hey Doss, for the mullet I was out yeserday in the day and night. During the day I went just inside the mouth of Boggy Creek, there is a little beach on the left side as you come in (right side if you launch there and head out). You cannot miss it as there is a dodgy looking campsite there. I managed to get a net full of perfect size poddie mullet in the first cast. Also during the week I did some cast netting in Brekky Creek and caught heaps of herring, and heaps of good medium to small size banana prawns (only on the high). If you go earlier and catch the prawns they will stay alive for a very long time if have a aerator. If your casting around the ramp from just be very careful and bring your net in quickly to avoid the snags, but if casting from the boat you will be fine.

All the best Sat night, if the weather plays ball you might see me out there in a 3.75 mtre tinny, wearing an orange reflective work jacket.

Hey Doss, for the mullet I was out yeserday in the day and night. During the day I went just inside the mouth of Boggy Creek, there is a little beach on the left side as you come in (right side if you launch there and head out). You cannot miss it as there is a dodgy looking campsite there. I managed to get a net full of perfect size poddie mullet in the first cast. Also during the week I did some cast netting in Brekky Creek and caught heaps of herring, and heaps of good medium to small size banana prawns (only on the high). If you go earlier and catch the prawns they will stay alive for a very long time if have a aerator. If your casting around the ramp from just be very careful and bring your net in quickly to avoid the snags, but if casting from the boat you will be fine.

All the best Sat night, if the weather plays ball you might see me out there in a 3.75 mtre tinny, wearing an orange reflective work jacket.

sweet thanks for the tips mate, we willn't be getting to fisherman untill 11.30ish as i have a party to go to. hope to see you out there

Archived