Want to make home fishing video but need advice

trax

Hi everyone I need some advice on video cameras I want to have a go at making a home fishing video nothing to special just want to stuff around and see what it turns out like and since Id rather spend money on fishing gear rather then a video camera I wanna keep it as cheap as possible even second hand doesn't bother me, just don't really know what I need to get started any suggestion on HD video cameras and video editing programs would be much appreciated cheers.

Hey Trax

A lot of small point & click cameras have really good video on them i.e. HD and can produce good audio (Although when it gets windy the sound won't be great)

The Sony Cybershot WX-7 takes great still photos & records in full HD - if you search the net you can get around $188

The video & pic quality is hard to beat at this price !!!

The Panasonic Lumix FT10 is another cheap point & click that does HD video but is also water proof to 3 metres so you can also

do some underwater shots and again you can get this for around $200

Movie editing software:

If you have a PC start with Window Movie Maker (It is already on your PC, if not it can be downloaded for free) - easy to use, will allow you to add some basic effects & music to make a good little home movie

If you have a MAC then you most likely have I-Movie and this will give you a pretty good start to movie editing with some cool features.

The above options are great low cost options yet allows you to produce some cool little clips - if you end up getting the bug and want to make more vids then upgrading later would be the way but this will keep you entertained for quite a while

Check out my vids on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/thelureoffishing/videos

Most where done with the Sony Cybershot WX-7 - however i also used a go pro for underwater stuff

Cheers, Manni

So you just used a digital camera for all your video and not a video camera? I was thinking about buying a go pro or contour helmet style cam so I could mount it to my kayak and they are waterproof, also did you use the windows movie editor program for your videos? Cheers for the info mate.

So you just used a digital camera for all your video and not a video camera? I was thinking about buying a go pro or contour helmet style cam so I could mount it to my kayak and they are waterproof, also did you use the windows movie editor program for your videos? Cheers for the info mate.

Yep I used the Sony Cybershot WX-7 which is a camera that does HD Video as well

I use I-Movie & Final Cut X on my Macbook Pro

Movie maker does the trick though mate, especially for your first few vids

If you are going to use it on your Yak and is more vulnerable to water then a Go Pro could be the right choice and it will give you multiple mounting options i.e. head mount, chest or even mount it on the Yak.

You need to consider though once you have the water proof housing on audio is extremely limited

Archived