1999 Mercury 40HP 2 stroke 3 cylinder - SOLD

MattInOz

Update: SOLD

I have for sale a used 1999 Mercury 40HP 2 stroke 3 cylinder engine, long (20") leg. It's done about 30 hours since it's last service, and it had new plugs, leads, impellor, and gearbox seals, both anodes, and has had the fuel pump rebuilt. Still has the oil injection intact. Comes with a brand new spare propeller, as well as forward controls and gauges (speedo, tacho, trim, hours). It's total hours are unknown as the boat didn't come with an hour meter. I'll also throw in the home made engine stand it's sitting on. Only selling as I upgraded to a larger engine, has been a strong performer for me once I had it properly serviced and so on. Has been flushed after every use for as long as I've had it, no overheating etc. Compression gauge meters out at 107, 107, 105 (though it's a cheapie meter and may not be 100% accurate, but at least you know there's no dead cylinders. Feel free to BYO gauge if you like).

I won't lie to you, it's a bit more than 20 years old and like anything that's been around salt water than long it's not perfect. The biggest issue with it is the steering is a little stiff, but still very usable. When I got it, it was very stiff but I've done a lot of work on it and gotten new grease out of both ends and it's no longer an issue, just not perfect. Another minor quirk is that the trim sender is not quite in the correct position due to a broken screw, so the gauge doesn't read quite right. Again it's usable, just not perfect... and if you have the skills and patience to remove the broken screw it'd be just fine. The sender itself is obsolete but I found a "new old stock" genuine mercury item in the US to put on.

Asking price is $2000, can demonstrate it working on the stand in Gailes (just west of Brisbane). Call or text me on 0403 821 965.

20240524_210746.jpg

20240524_210818.jpg

327482863_583114469925616_4525007685435487311_n.jpg

• MattInOz changed the title to 1999 Mercury 40HP 2 stroke 3 cylinder - SOLD