Bargain buy yesterday.

Bob9863

Yes you can see why I was so eager to grab it. 

I had it running in my maintenance tank for 2 hours today running some fuel doctor through it. Idle is smooth, acceleration too, everything moves and operates smooth too. 

Does not blow any smoke, oils are like new. All in all it was a great buy. 

It's definitely a good upgrade on the Yamaha, a little heavier but not too much and as stated earlier it's twice as powerful. 

I will take it out for a test run tomorrow, doing the usual fishing run to see if it improves the boats performance any, if it does I'm keeping it, if not I will sell it at a profit. 

I took the punt out for a quick test run today with the new 5hp Suzuki. 

Night and day compared to the 2.5 Yamaha. I thought it would be a bit quicker, but it was flying. 

I had to lean forward with no weight on the front to get it to plane, but once it did it was hooking along. 

It's almost too fast for what I want, but I can just run it slower and still have the power if I need ir want it. 

E handy when the river is running like it is Atm. 

I went for a quick look this afternoon and all access to it is blocked off, it's now over double its usual flow and the river is flooded. 

Going to be a, while before I'm back down there. 

But I took the hydrofoils off the motor as I could feel them dragging the boat, so I'm going to see how it goes tomorrow, supposed to be a good afternoon so I might get some fishing in too. 

13 hours ago, ubnt said:

5hp for 1k? You hit gold!

And it's only a 2019 model, didn't get used for the last two years either, but it still got serviced. 

So definitely a bargain. 

I tested it out for speed and with the hydrofoils on it got up to 17km/h, but when I took them off it reached this. 

Screenshot_20221103_141913_com.fragileheart.gpsspeedometer.thumb.jpg.f7bf69843cf60e2b05e33fee89a02213.jpg

So it's definitely skipping along now for a 5hp.

Best of all it's so quiet, and at an idle it cruises at 2.8km/h.

I also bought a a down rigger for it so I can troll for trout over summer.