Fishing around Jindalee

tik_nat

Gday all,

Long time reader, first time poster. I've been living in 17 Mile Rocks for about a year now and always venture off to Jumpinpin or Mooloolaba for a fish. I was going to try the mouth tomorrow, but won't have the time, so figured I'd give the River near my house a go (I'm 10 minutes from the Jindalee ramp).

So, what can be caught around here, on what (bait, plastics) and how (flicking at timber, trolling the rock bar, bottom bashing etc.). Worth taking the cast net? Any advise would be great, or even just reassurance that I'm not going to waste my time bashing about the river. Would be nice to be able to have a decent fish without traveling so far.

Cheers

Tik

I haven't had a fish there since the drought (maybe 2008). At that point there were threadies, bullsharks, cod, bream.

I haven't seen a report of threadies from there for ages so they may have come back downstream away from the fresher stuff. Maybe someone else can enlighten us there. There are plenty of catties and eels ('freshwater' ones) too.

Castnet will get you mullet and if they're about - prawns. Haven't heard of herring from there.

I have only ever fished from Jindalee down to the corner at Fig Tree Pocket. Somme great structure.

Archived