Deep Water Bend Boat Hire

Convict

Getrigged, you are correct as there was a boat hire place at Dohles Rocks. Dinodadog is also correct about the kiosk at Deep Water Bend. When I was fishing those area's back around 1975, there were four boat hire places operating at the same time that I am aware of. They were as follows: 1) Deep Water Bend, 2) Dohles Rocks, 3) Sanderson's Boat Hire (Brighton side), 4) Hays Inlet (Redcliffe side). There may have been others, however, the two I used were Sanderson's and Deep Water Bend. I think Dohles Rocks was the last boat hire place to close, but don't quote me on that. Regards Jim

Hi, I can't remember the plywood boats - must have been a bit before my time. Since Dohles Rocks Boat Hire shut down, have any new ones opened since in the area? Iused to like fishing out in front of Sanderson's Boat Hire for bream, whiting, flathead and tailor, plus the sand crabs (blue swimmers I think). Between Dohles Rocks and Deep Water Bend, I used to go for the school Jew and mud crabs. I never fished beyond DWB though, so don't know what it is like further up the river - unless it is the same river that passes through Petrie. Thanks, regards Jim

Archived