My weekend

Feral

Well while you lot were off fishing, I indulged my other hobby, fast cars. I went to the Cap Coast rally at Kalpowar in Central Qld.

My first gig as a stage commander at a rally. Mate of mine was the stage commander of the other area.

When we got there, I discovered my team would consist of my mates father, no one else had showed! whilst I discovered my mate's crew would consist of an 18 year old model, of the female persaution, and her best mate, who was even better looking. Also as a newby, they made me do all the work, checking my stage, putting up bunting and roadblocks, checking the track etc etc, my mate? he got to sit at the hot chip wagon and eat lunch!

At this stage - not happy Jan!

I managed to scrounge a couple of other helpers to help me out on my stage, and got one of the experienced officials to come out and give us a run down of operations of a start control.

Then it rained, then the wind blew, then my other mate fell sick in my stage and we had to medivac him to the hospital. Racing went from 1pm through to 8pm.

But guess what! I had a great time, my helpers were quick learners and all went well!

My other mate, well he had a few issues, apparently being in his mid forties and single, he did not take well to young girl talk, loud music and discussions about \"pretty rally cars\". So he left the girls at one end of the control, and he manned the other. The girls were inexperienced and started making the odd mistake, but he wasn't going back there to tell them! I rubbed it in every time every time I found one!

Other Mate got out of hospital today, everyone had a great time, fast cars, bullshit and bush camping, what a great weekend!

Going to do it all again in 3 weeks! A bit closer to home this time - Yaraman.

Archived