Sparky for powerpoint

John

Doing some reno's on the house over the christmas break and there is an unlined ceiling that has a light and a wall that has a powerpoint and switch that need to be disconnected so i can sheet the wall, then have the light, powerpoint and switch connected again.

Is there a sparky that can swing by to spend the couple of minutes to unhook these for me to throw the 2 sheets up, and then hook them back up 5 minutes later?

house is in inner city Red Hill 4059

hey mate, you don't need to disconnect the light switch and outlet. isolate the power and light circuit, unscrew from the wall and they will fit through the hole sideways. Then cut the hole in the new sheet to the right size and slide them back through. If the brackets don't line up you will need to pick up some 'c' clips from bunnings.

I'm at Rochedale South and don't know when i would have a chance to come have a look but let me know if you get really stuck.

if you're worried about the solar, isolate it as well then.

most have a shut down procedure printed on the inverter but it's usually like this

1. turn off the solar main switch (should be labeled in the switchboard as "SOLAR MAIN SWITCH")

2. turn off the DC isolator. Should be next to the inverter

thats it.

Archived