Discussion On Hooks For Bream

Jun

G'Day guys

Have got some nice bream before but easy to drop out some and I just use octopus circle hooks .To be honest I have no idea which is good or not just buy and use.Should I have a try to long shank hook or suicide or something else .And also sometimes have wrong timing to put up my rod a little early or late .You guys maybe have use tons of hooks for bream and just wondering is there any good hooks bream likely to give a bite not considering other factor like tide ,moon ...

Cheers,and have a good weekend

Jun

Hooks for bream in my opinion vary with what bait you use so it is preferred to have a range of hooks

For example

- worms would need a long shank hook

- prawns would need a either a long shank or suicide hook

- flesh bait would need a suicide hook

So basically what i'm trying to say is have a wide range of hooks to suit your bait and remember KEEP YOUR HOOK POINT EXPOSED as one of the golden rules of bait fishing is that you only get one chance to set the hook.

Good luck :) 

On 3/18/2016 at 9:04 AM, curranboy99 said:

Hooks for bream in my opinion vary with what bait you use so it is preferred to have a range of hooks

For example

- worms would need a long shank hook

- prawns would need a either a long shank or suicide hook

- flesh bait would need a suicide hook

So basically what i'm trying to say is have a wide range of hooks to suit your bait and remember KEEP YOUR HOOK POINT EXPOSED as one of the golden rules of bait fishing is that you only get one chance to set the hook.

Good luck :) 

Thanks a million ,mate

Archived