Peel Island Overnighterish

Cmaltby

Made a last minute decision to head over to peel last night, first stop was around the wrecks drifting I caught nothing so I ended moving to south west rocks, the sounder was going off again I drifted but after a little while I set the anchor down. First bait down I got a grassy which I was hoping was signs of good things to come. I ended up with five for the night one being borderline legal so I through it back as they have a tendency to shrink. Then came the squire of which I ended up with about 30 that were 20-25 cm I was floating a whole pilly out the back when my rod went off (around the time the squire came on) I thought I'd hit the jackpot after a good fight it turned out to be a black tip reef shark going near on 1metre. I considered eating it but decided again to let it go holding out for better fish which never came more squire followed. A bit later a couple of sharks decided to hang around my boat which was enough for me to call it a night and pack it in not fishing the sunrise as I had intended. Not the most successful trip. Just dreaming of the day I pull in that massive snapper... image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yeah mate I want it, I tried plastics but had no luck the run was far too heavy and I only have up to 1/4 ounce jig heads just wondering what size other people use? I just bought my boat a few months ago to get it but my next step is to get a decent sounder and an ipilot so hopefully that will help me find/sneak up on them 

Trying to get out twice a week once for me to fish and the other to take the family out of which I spend most my time baiting hooks and making sure nothing goes overboard and get my 2 year old involved, start em young and the possibilities are endless! image.jpegand when stuff gets thrown overboard I generally swim for it. Lol

Archived