Pike Plague

Old Scaley

Took my nephew out yesterday with the intention of getting him onto his first fish on plastic.  He is more used to snapper fishing in SA or bottom bashing up north so fishing plastics on light lines is new to him. So we fished the rock wall in front of the port and mission accomplished within 2 casts. The pike were thick and we couldn't get the plastics past them to get anything else. Did have a few snip offs though so there may be some tailor around.

Decided to keep some pike and grinner for bait and put a fillet or two on a bait rod.  All we got on that we're grinners, so it was a busy but unproductive trip.  Good practice for the nephew though and a beautiful morning on the water.

Hey Kelvin, does that mean you are launching somewhere else or you are not leaving the river. I haven't seen Maci's or tuna around the area for a while now but it is not unusual to see both. Once I even saw a school of tuna bust up in the shipping channel inside the mouth. That was pretty unexpected.  I need to not be so lazy and start to try new spots as I seem to have lost my mojo around the port area lately. 

Not getting out real much but when I have the last few have been leaving from Manly with one leaving from Cleveland in search of macks but haven't nailed one all summer ....... Wish I could click my fingers and upgrade the boat so I could zoom around more but life isn't that simple ..... (:

Archived