The Northern Migration Of Me

Ovington

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice and recommendations on my trip I am about to embark on.

I have a 4.5m side console and am towing it from brisbane to hinchenbrook for 3 weeks with my first stop at 1770. 

If the weather permits id love to chase some pelagics and reefies otherwise I will be in the rivers. I have no strict plans but would like a taste of different places along the way. 

Currently looking at stopping at 1770, yepoon, whitsundays/airlie beach and finally hinchenbrook.

If anyone has any must see places that would suit my boat then please fire away.

Also If anyone is generous enough to share a gos mark or 2 from up that way that isnt just a internet job I would be forever grateful.

Cheers,

ShaneO

I'm from up Mackay and if you're looking for Pelagics you can head straight out of the harbour you just have to find them working bait usually large Spanish mackerel. Also 40 mins off the coast is st bees island spent a lot of my youth fishing and camping here always plenty of reed species there too my dad got these last week. Plenty of squid, sweet lip and gt as well as being able to spot mackerel working of you keep your eyes out. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Archived