Some New Bling

Cody

Its been awhile since ive shelled out for a decent pair of fishing sunglasses so decided to go grab some decent ones for stalking bream on the flats. Ive always been a spotters fan,but decided on something diffrent and got a quality pair of maui jims. Just wondering if any readers have used these before and how they rated them to other brands? Also decided a new reel was in order for some light snapper so shouted myself a new daiwa certate 2500.

20160714_192915.jpg

Hi @Cody

I've literally done the same thing and bought a pair of Maui Jim Red Sands after owning a pair of Spotters

The Spotters are a great pair of sunglasses, but I found them fogging up first thing in the morning and uncomfortable after prolonged use (probably because of my thick head :geek:).

The Maui Jims are the most comfortable pair of sunglasses I have ever worn and from what I've read the lens aren't too bad either.

I'll let you know how mine go next time I'm fishing with them.

Ian

A mate has MJ's and loves them. I have stayed with the Spotter Christo frame with Glass lenses after trying a number of different spotters before the Christo style. I can wear them for 14 hrs without a worry yet  other spotters styles hurt became uncomfortable after 1-2hrs ,so it all about finding the one that most fit your face.

Never used a Certate myself but I've heard good reports on them.

Go get the snaps:)

Ian. I absolutely  love my maui jims. Only used them 3 times so far but polaroiding bream is so much easier now. I got the glass lens ones and they are absolutely  a delight to wear. No fogging and  comfortable. .... luvit. I intend on giving the bay bream and the small snaps a flogging on the certate reel soon. Thinking of matching it up to a nordic stage sharp shooter

I am on my second pair of Maui Jims. I lost the last pair in Vietnam last year and couldn't wait to get back to order a new pair. I have the magnifiers in mine so when I used to use them for fishing I only needed one pair of specs.  Problem I had with them was that they did scratch from the salt no matter how careful I was. So I went back to an old pair of Flying Fisherman glasses that I won at a AFO (or BFO as it was then).  Not quite as good quality and not as comfy but much more scratch resistant.

The MJs are still my daily sunnies and I couldn't live without them. Just my thoughts. 

I had a pair or mjs and I loved them.

I think they now reside somewhere on the sea bed.

Since I started needing prescription glasses I just get whatever spec savers sunnies I buy polarized. Not as "flash" as some I have owned (mjs, flying fishermen, spotters) but they do the job.

Archived