Lowood

Aaron H

Good access to the brisbane river on the fernvale _ lowood road plus camping i dont know how legal the camping is but people certainly stay there. Plenty of launching for canoes etc from bank but you would have to carry tinny short distance. Have never fished there but its certainly fishy looking country with lots of banks and overhanging trees. and should have bass and yellas that escaped over wivenhoe spillway the last time it overflowed.

Others may have more detailed info but go for it its a beautiful spot

ray

Mate read my comments regarding colleges crossing in the respective forum.

All the same advice for the fresh water fish applues to that location.

As Ray said there are Bass and Yellas that have escaped over the dam wall.

Also Gar, Tilapia, Spangled Perch and Catfish (both eel tail and foked).

Good luck!!

Angus

Feral wrote:

rayke1938 wrote:
should have bass and yellas that escaped over wivenhoe spillway the last time it overflowed.

Ray, thats a joke right? dunno if it has ever got over 80 percent capacity!

Early 90's they well and truely opened the spillway; it was pretty impressive. I guess thats what Ray meant.

Cheers

Matt

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

there are some pretty good spots up near lowood some nice deep holes with plenty of snags you can get to them by tinny but you have to be careful because as i said plenty of snags and there are shallow parts just head upstream from twin bridges you will find some spots

there are some pretty good spots up near lowood some nice deep holes with plenty of snags you can get to them by tinny but you have to be careful because as i said plenty of snags and there are shallow parts just head upstream from twin bridges you will find some spots

Archived