Hastings Point - last hurrah

kmcrosby78

Been a bit busy with Easter since we returned from our trip so just getting around to the report of our last session, which was Wednesday arvo. We had hoped to fish Wed morning but fatigue set in plus we had to help the sister in law pack up their campsite beside us (bro in law had to return to Brisbane for work for a couple of days) so we opted for a sleep in, which my body appreciated ..... 🙂. Gave the body one more solid work out on the Wed arvo back at the further gutter, with us taking 5 rods (two alveys and three spinning reels) and me doing ALL of the casting in quite windy conditions, which meant big well which at times came in from 45 degrees and was a challenge. My 10 year old nice managed to catch two fish (a dart and bream), George and Liam got one each as did my wife and I.

I caught my 37cm bream on a tiny hook as one of the other fish had swallowed the hook and rather than get out the red tubing and hook to re-rig I opted to cut the trace and tie on one of my pre-made bay whiting rigs, with a tiny baitholder hook. Thankfully, the tiny hook did the job 🙂

Liam and I stayed behind (while the others headed back to camp just before dark to shower and prepare dinner) to clean the fish and as we started walking back we noticed a large motor home up behind the dunes and realised there was a sand track and carpark up there. Hmmmm ..... wish we'd know that prior to now ......