moving to broome. what boat to buy?

Mainmancat

Legends. 

So I’m moving to Broome next year and have been endlessly looking for boats second hand and also new. I’ve been looking between 10k-30k aluminium and fibreglass open boats. 

Now Broome doesn’t have much swell so won’t need a boat too big and one that needs to handle large open seas. It’s usually the wind and storm which stir up the ocean and strong currents / tides. 

I’m looking at like a Center console / tiller steer boats. I’d want a super reliable outboard on it as I’ll be going to some remote places. Will want to be fishing the flats and also going outside chasing some mackies/gts

anyway my question to you is. If you were in my situation what would you do? Now I know that it comes down to money and personal fishing configurations, though really just torn between spending the doe or just get something cheap and put a new motor on the back. 

I also want to be able to fit 4 people as I’ll have mates coming over for a fishing trip. 

buy an older tinny with all the gear and put a new outboard on it? Or just bite the bullet and get a new one. 

any boat models you recommend? 

cheers 

I would see what everyone else is using and base my decision off what I see being used.  ie are a lot in 4.5m boats or are most in 5m plus.

Something like my Formosa would be nice over there as you can do most things in it.  Plus a plate alloy boat is less likely to have the fatigue of a pressed alloy boat or any potential softness like an older glass boat.