Quiet Night on Sydney Harbour

Mick

I went to post this in a Sydney Fishing site I use when in Sydeny but they are down...

So I posted it here... nothing flash except a couple of weird fish on SP...

I went for a fish last night with my brother in law, first stop was the point at Birchgrove I go zip and he landed 1 yellow tail we named him "bait". For the couple of hours we were there only a couple of pinkie snapper were caught :noway:.

A move was called so of the Rose bay we went.. some burley was added around the lights after the last ferry stopped ... NOTHING 2 hours not a touch not even a pike or a yellow tail ... nothing :Shit:

Finally in frustration I grabbed the 10kg stick that had the 30lb braid on it rofl (I am from Brisbane and all my gear is there this was the closest I had to an SP setup) attached a 10lb mono leader and a 3" gulp minnow in pumpkin seed, second flick at the corner pole of Catalina’s it got NAILED big time :Tumb up: a heavy fish was felt... then nothing... no fight just a dead weight... I skull dragged in a good 60cm ray :cussing: , it was the weirdest looking ray I had ever seen; it had two discs one large one small with a small tail on top of the second smaller disc... I thought mm i don’t know what this is so I am not going to touch it... after a few heavy jaggs out of the water the ray released and swam off.

I got home and checked Amoline http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/fishfacts/fish/hmonopt.htm and found it to be a Numb Fish..and "The Numbfish can deliver powerful electric shocks with an electric organ located in each pectoral fin." :eek: thank god i didn’t touch it...

A couple more cast of the pumpkin seed into the dark waters and a small pull was felt on the last wind before lifting the lure from the water on first sight i thought COOL a squid.. wait it looks very short in the body.... ahh interesting a Cuttlefish on SP.. another first....

A second moved was called and about 11pm we hit Darling street wharf ... very busy with rods placed all over the joint ... a few yellow tail were landed and I got a largish Pike on the same pumpkin seed (3 on one tail not bad) and that was it... no live baits even raised a click on the rod... :noway:

Did I mention it was about 5 deg and I forgot my jumper...:brickwall:

Mick

Archived