Moreton Island 6/6-9/6

Confused

Well with the recent downpour at the sunny coast me and a few mates thought the only chance of a decent fish would of been moreton island, So after some quick bookings we were on the Micat friday night, Set up camp at yellopatch and awoke to some gloomy weather caught fresh bait and hit North point rocks, Few good bream, Squire and a nice trevally. Before heading back for breaky, Lauched the yaks in some real calm conditions at the top of the island near the coffee rocks, About 500m offshore we were on some real nice 4+m rocky reef caught several more squire and grass emperor, Sun morning we tried the main beach got smashed by 30+kn southerlys so only managed a few dart before giving it a miss and heading back to the top, searched all gutters and holes, Managing several dart,bream,whiting and flatties ,nothing of real good size, before back to the rocks, Where we got a few wobbegong's and a nice greenback tailor on a soft plastic. packed up early mon and headed over to Tangalooma wrecks. From the beach we got around 15, 35cm squire. We launched the yaks again and caught hundreds of bream on bait, sp's and lures. before I just had to try out a Juro Popper lure my friend had in his box, As i was tieng it to my 1-3kg Fireblood combo directly to the 4lb Bass hard line i said to Pricy "Do you really care if i lose this lure" So paddled into a real calm section between the wrecks to find a nice flow of fast moving water and first cast, SPLASH, POP POP WACK!! BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ hang on. after 10 mins i landed my first lured trevally. What a fight, I'm totally speechless was the toughest fish iv'e ever caught. All fish were released except the Tailor. Was for me at least a brilliant moreton adventure....Craig [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P6060361.JPG

post-954-144598461157_thumb.jpg

Archived