early morning bait

paul10

The tackle and bait shop at Redcliffe should be open at that time. After you come off the boring Kaplonk Kaplonk Kaplonk Kaplonk bridge Stay to the right and head along whatever road that takes you along the water. About 500 M along there on the LHS. Old (blue?) wood building.

Should have some live bloodworms for sale as well as the usual frozen fair.

Depends if your useing a cast net and if you have a Live well? the comslie pontoon/boat ramp allways has Herring, But they are a real pain to keep alive. The other night while I was there I seen a few baby 6-8" Squid swimming around as well. Rob Low caught a couple in his net. theres lights there so neting early wont be a problem.

Good luck, I'll be looking for the report:woohoo:

Jayson

ellicat wrote:

The tackle and bait shop at Redcliffe should be open at that time. After you come off the boring Kaplonk Kaplonk Kaplonk Kaplonk bridge Stay to the right and head along whatever road that takes you along the water. About 500 M along there on the LHS. Old (blue?) wood building.

Should have some live bloodworms for sale as well as the usual frozen fair.

Thanks ellicat

Bait & tackle shop at woody point, blue building not far after the end of big bridge, veer to the right off end of bridge, blue building on the left. Or alternatively if you veer to the left at the end of bridge there is a 7/11 servo with frozen bait as well.

Cheers,

Matt

Woah! Rapid fire there... just goes to show how slow I am at typing

chubbstar wrote:

Depends if your useing a cast net and if you have a Live well? the comslie pontoon/boat ramp allways has Herring, But they are a real pain to keep alive. The other night while I was there I seen a few baby 6-8' Squid swimming around as well. Rob Low caught a couple in his net. theres lights there so neting early wont be a problem.

Good luck, I'll be looking for the report:woohoo:

Jayson

I am seriously going to have a look at getting a cast net I reckon.

But what do I tell the missus?

mangler wrote:

Bait & tackle shop at woody point, blue building not far after the end of big bridge, veer to the right off end of bridge, blue building on the left. Or alternatively if you veer to the left at the end of bridge there is a 7/11 servo with frozen bait as well.

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks Matt.

I've got some frozen prawns and squid already and thought something a bit less dead would be good.

Old Scaley wrote:

Anyone tell me how to start a fresh post? I can't see where I need to go to do that (stop laughing at me). I want to see if anyone is up fr an off-shore charter next Thursday.

Just go to the main forum section and choose which section you want the thread to go into. When you have clicked on the section, at the top of the list you will see agreen box with the words new thread in it. Click on that and you will be right.

Old Scaley,

when you say you buy your bait fresh from a fish shop ,do you mean fresh seafood shop,if so,I used to be chief cook,bottlewasher and cleaner at one,years ago,75% of stuff came in frozen whole.When required it was thawed,filletted,boned and put out with sign saying fresh[The chief cook,bottlewasher and cleaner,also did the filletting].The joys of being a boss you get to be first there and last to leave[sorry I digress]

Probably true, Gad, but it still seems fresher and cheaper than the stuff in the plastic bags. I am talking eating quality here. I like to go to Aussie Seafoods at Capalaba and see what looks good. The turnover there is massive, so everything seems to be fresh (this is not an ad, I am sure there are plenty of good fishmongers - just not in my neighbourhood). Also handy to call in on the way home if you have days like I have.

Archived