how much line do you put on a baitcaster

dunney

just got myself a new revo baitcaster.simply amazing...shats over my daiwa advantage bigtime.

im wanting to fill it with 30lb PE braid...i have the backing done on it to prevent slipping but how fair up the spool do u fill it?do u go right to the lip wear it tapers out? or is it just a personal preference thing to wear it feels comfortable?

there doesnt seem to be any hard and fast rules?!?!?!

Fill it to where your comfortable with. I like mine about 1mm below the edge, others like a little more space left (2mm)With the more space they are less prone to loading on one side due to casting.

If your going to take advantage of the drag capabilities of the Revo, wind it on pretty tight, otherwise cutting in could be a problem later on.

Feral wrote:

Fill it to where your comfortable with. I like mine about 1mm below the edge, others like a little more space left (2mm)With the more space they are less prone to loading on one side due to casting.

If your going to take advantage of the drag capabilities of the Revo, wind it on pretty tight, otherwise cutting in could be a problem later on.

yeah mate its on there pretty tight..gave her a test out on the boat trailer and its not cutting in at all and still flies off the spool when casting

Archived