Gold Coast Beach Fishing

Oceandonkey

Me and the GF are staying down the gold coast for 4 days on saturday and were gonna go beach fishing for the first time.

I have basic ideas to look for gutters etc where there isnt to much swell but is there any spots that anyone can recommend?

well be staying in surfers and either going early morning or late afternoon, should we be fishing lite or a bit heavier?

by lite i mean whiting gear and heavier i mean for tailor/jew etc

any suggestions are welcome.

cheers

OD

narrowneck is a mighty fine beach fishing spot.. its around the main beach/surfers paradise border.. they put an artificial surfing reef in a few years back that attracted a crapload of fish.. its the black smudge in this link just offshore

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=narrowneck&sll=-27.428105,153.031205&sspn=0.006552,0.009656&ie=UTF8&ll=-27.982654,153.42905&spn=0.013037,0.019312&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=-27.986165,153.429955&panoid=sZ0XD1u9wva8FAs1KbqZCA&cbp=1,67.1234277821554,,0,5

man google street view is handy!

i'm back down that way also this friday, for a bucks weekend and will be staying at Q1 .. no fishing tho :D

just bucks activities wooo

mate, if you head over to the SPIT,from where Seaworld Drive starts,down to roughly Seaworld there`s a lot of tracks heading off to your left,these take you to the surf side,if there`s any thing around you will see others fishing the areas.

Just be aware at night there can be a dip sh*t or two,around,hooners often go down there too.Don`t know why..the police sometimes block off this road and do the lot..haha

Reasonable whiting,bream,tailor& the occassional good jew can be taken along here.

cheers

Gad wrote:

mate, if you head over to the SPIT,from where Seaworld Drive starts,down to roughly Seaworld there`s a lot of tracks heading off to your left,these take you to the surf side,if there`s any thing around you will see others fishing the areas.

Just be aware at night there can be a dip sh*t or two,around,hooners often go down there too.Don`t know why..the police sometimes block off this road and do the lot..haha

Reasonable whiting,bream,tailor& the occassional good jew can be taken along here.

cheers

park there at own risk.. major spot for a window smashed in .. and its also a male habitat u could say ... so u might see something the kids won't like.. like men in the wrong sort of dt's etc etc... seriously .. in surfing terms it was known as the f#g forest.. now i don't have thing against gay people, but when they wave at you from inside their little weird tent all greased up and with a sarong.. well.. i've had better experiences!!

planetfonz wrote:

Gad wrote:

cheers

park there at own risk.. major spot for a window smashed in .. and its also a male habitat u could say ... so u might see something the kids won't like.. like men in the wrong sort of dt's etc etc... seriously .. in surfing terms it was known as the f#g forest.. now i don't have thing against gay people, but when they wave at you from inside their little weird tent all greased up and with a sarong.. well.. i've had better experiences!!

ha ha use to Jetski down there

How can you take a bloke seriously when he is abusing you from the beach waving his burnt wand

Thanks for that info Fonz,I`ve only fished there late arvo&evening tides.They must have fluttered off by the times I get there,I must be doublely lucky I~ve never had any problems there,when I`ve fished there,June,July evenings theres always a fair few others fishing the areas.

cheers

Archived