Upper Brisbane River on Monday

Nitris

Went up the river on monday with another afo member Kiwi. He bought a new yak on friday and was giving it its second run.. We droped my Hilux off at Savages crossing near Fernvale. Then headed up to Lowood and Put in there... Havent been up that way for years.. Man it looked great and so fishy.. guess we put yaks in arround 9am.. few good boil ups near us.. and most of them happened behing us after the yak had gone over the same spots.. Tried heaps of different lures, mostly popers, Those pencil ones too ( like what bretto was talking about), jackal chubbies and some g-vibes.

but nothing seamed keen.. i guess it was a bit late in the morning.. anyways we kept working our way down.. when we got to twin bridges ran into another yaker. Think he said his name on afo was Macfisher, but he is usually on the East Coast Kyak Fishing forum as Sel (moderator) and think he is on Kayak fishing down under as native fisher. had a yarn to him for a while and seamed like a great guy.. definetly loved his yaks.. so i told him id pop in and say hi at ECKFC.

anyways kept on going down stream towards Savages crossing.. was about 1pm by the time we left twin Bridges.. got with in 2km of our destination, still with no fish, and the river was weeded for about 1.4km (measured the streach on google earth) way to thick to paddle through.. so we beached the yaks and started to drag them down the easy side. Then we came across this Hill billy tent city with generator and all.. I hate hill billy's, u just dont know if there going to be friendly or going to do bad things to u. so we struggled to get our yaks over to the other side of river took ages getting like 100mm each paddle\thrust of body foward. And of coarse it is the hard over grown side.. Found some good cow tracks and draged the yaks down there up steep hills and finally the river opened back up..

woot back in the river and arround the corner and bah!! weeded again.. so up a bank across a billabong and finally back in paddled the last 500meters to savages.. man it is easy to paddle on water after that shit.. There was also this dead cow stuck back up in the weed up where it started..

I guess if anyone is wanting to do this section of the river id forget it till it floods again, or if u down with Hill billy's go for it.. i guess i could realy call them River billy's. but all in all a great day and finally got back to the Ute at savages arround 4.45pm.. :woohoo: thought i was going to have to set up a camp for the night for a while..

dsc02902xa4.jpg

dsc02903er8.jpg

there is a dead cow in the middle there.

go easy u nasty mofos - they are upstanding citizens

like these guys

[img size=150]http://amranshriners.us/images/photos/hillbillies/Hillbillies2.jpg

and these guys

[img size=150]http://mexfiles.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/hillbillies.jpg

yeah.. you guys are harsh!

ps - those second 2 will gladly buy your daughters for a meat tray of questionable origin

The water is pretty poluted in them there areas!

You should notice the webbing between your toes and fingers beginning to grow and you should soon be experiencing the increasing desire to back order a copy of deliverance!

ps whos up for dueling banjos?

squeal lit a pig city boy sooooweee:P :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

planetfonz wrote:

go easy u nasty mofos - they are upstanding citizens

like these guys

[img size=150]http://amranshriners.us/images/photos/hillbillies/Hillbillies2.jpg

and these guys

[img size=150]http://mexfiles.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/hillbillies.jpg

yeah.. you guys are harsh!

ps - those second 2 will gladly buy your daughters for a meat tray of questionable origin

hey the guy in the right is my paaa:laugh: :laugh:

i think that you should probably try and report it to someone- all that salvinia is noxious and just as much of a pest as tilapia. would be nice to see some rate dollars spent on making the shire a nicer place to live, not just a bigger concrete jungle with more roads for more cars....

Archived